Monday, January 28, 2013

Stay and be salt

Our community
I am passionate about the Great Commission and that we must reach all the nations that have never heard about Jesus. I read every book I can find about missions and missionaries. I can remember my first ever mission week so well, the speaker for the week was Floyd McClung. I committed my life to missions that week and so did Rika. We dedicated our lives to missions and to go to any place Jesus would call us. Staying anywhere were not part of language, we were dedicated to one thing and that is to go. The last few years Jesus have been talking to me about staying, staying here in Mozambique and to be salt for the community we live in. He told me to live, not to preach, not to evangelize, just to live. Many times as Christians we try to convert people, but it should be our love that draws people to Christ. The testimony of Jesus living in us and transforming us for His glory, that will change the lives of those who do not know Him. The day we chose to follow Jesus, we also chose to become like Him. How can we call ourselves followers of Jesus but not change the way we love others? Do the way we live our lives draw people closer to Jesus, is it a testimony of His love for us? The life of Jesus was an example of unconditional love, He died so that we can have live in abundance. So where ever we live we must love the way Jesus loved, serve the community we live in and Jesus will draw people to Him self. The only way we will see peoples lives transformed is through love and forgiveness. So today go out and live, be the salt and love those Jesus places in front of you.

1 comment: