Monday, May 20, 2013

Risk Takers

I was challenged by a teaching of the guest speaker at the Leaders Retreat for the All Nations family in Franschhoek. His teaching was about taking risks and to move out of our comfort zones. I realized that for the last few years I were living on past risks and that lately I have been playing it safe. I also realized by doing this that I were moving into a place of comfort and safety. This makes it difficult for God to challenge us to move out of our comfort zones. God has been speaking to me that He has new visions for us, that He wants us to eat fresh bread. We get in such a rhythm that we are happy eating stale bread, forgetting that Jesus wants to give us fresh bread each day. He wants to do new things through us, He wants us to trust Him with everything, to lay down our rights and what makes us feel comfortable. Everything we do is to make us feel secure, to make the future secure, we worry if we will be cared for when we retire. Jesus wants to be in control of our future, He wants us to find our security in Him and in no other place. So He is challenging me and I find myself excited to know that He has new things for us, new adventures and it means that we will need to take risks. I know that God have a plan for our lives and I a excited to hear what He wants to do through us in this new season of taking risks for Him. I love it when I hear a young woman get's on a plane for Nepal, to go and serve there. Not knowing what to expect, going by her self to a place where she does not speak the language, moving out of her comfort zone and allowing Jesus to be her guide. God is looking for a new generation of risk takers that will take His glory to Nations like Nepal.

No comments:

Post a Comment