Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Faith like a mustard seed

Casa Gemma
Rika and I started our journey as missionaries with a training school in Trinidad, Colorado. In January 1997 we boarded a flight to the USA, with only $200 in our pockets, we started our journey in faith. We took small baby steps at first. Loren Cunningham  the founder of Youth with a Mission once told us that money should never be the indicator if we should stay or go. So we arrived in Colorado with $200, knowing that we heard the voice of Jesus. There were a opportunity to go on an outreach to Pine Ridge reservation to serve the Native Americans. Rika and I really wanted to go, but we did not have the finances for the outreach. We prayed that God will make a way for us to go. During lunch one day the team leader came to us with the news that someone paid for our outreach. We were so excited, but knew it would be hard, because we did not have any spending money for the trip. The day before we left for outreach Rika found a letter for us in our mailbox, it was mailed from a city in the USA where we knew no one. Inside was a note for you to spend on your outreach, a friend in Jesus. We were blown away, Jesus provided even for us to be able to have a good time.

We have so many stories of Jesus providing our smallest needs and also blessing us beyond our wildest dreams. So when Jesus started talking to me about buying land and building a home for the children  I thought I would have the faith for this vision, I did not. Jesus keep on speaking to me and I kept on ignoring His voice. My faith would not allow me to take this vision into my heart. Eventually after a couple of years I decided I would go and look at land and after a few days Jesus provided the money to buy the land. Last week we started building the walls for Casa Gemma. Jesus is faithful even when our faith is lacking. Every block that is laid is a miracle and I know Jesus Himself is building this home and to Him be all the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment